Cooperative Learning is a wonderful tool for any teacher to have in their toolbox. There are many different strategies to cooperative learning. No matter what strategy you are using, there are five basic standards. They are:
- Practice Active Listening
- Help and Encourage Each Other
- Everyone Participates
- Explain Your Ideas and Tell Why
- Complete the Task
The following links will take you to sample cooperative learning strategies.
Sample Cooperative Learning Strategies
Sample Lesson Plan
The information provided on this page was taken from:
- Jones, Leslie G. A Guide to Using the Extended Class Period.
- Baltimore: CRESPAR, Johns Hopkins University, 1997.